Ensuring medical equipment is clean and decontaminated prior to use with a new patient is essential to reduce the risks of cross infection. At Drive DeVilbiss Service we have facilities across the UK which can offer a wide range of bespoke, contracted or ad-hoc decontamination solutions.
Each service centre is fully equipped with purpose-built maintenance, decontamination and storage facilities to ensure the highest standards are provided in conformance with industry and NHS guidelines, whilst providing full traceability.
Our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- Differential clean and contaminated equipment zones and flow process to eliminate cross contamination risks.
- Non-porous walls, ceilings and floor coverings.
- Separate clean and contaminated sinks with elbow taps.
- Motion-activated lighting.
- All washing machines utilise pre-set programmes for both thermal and chemical decontamination which are calibrated annually.
- Special vehicles for transporting clean and contaminated equipment
Our Service centre procedures are audited as part of our ISO 9001 accreditation and ensure compliance to industry standards and guidance.
All equipment is handled in accordance with health and safety protocols. Following the decontamination process all products are rigorously tested and evaluated before carefully packed and returned to the customer or into the rental stock. A decontamination certificate is provided for each product.