Who is Drive DeVilbiss?
Drive DeVilbiss has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of medical products with a strong and consistent track record of growth achieved both organically and through acquisitions. We are proud of our high-quality, diverse product portfolio, channel footprint and global operating scale. Our products are sold into the homecare, long-term care, retail, and e-commerce channels in more than 80 countries around the world.
“Leading the World with Innovative Healthcare Solutions that Enhance Lives”
Summary (Major Purpose of the Role):
Responsible for delivering, installing and training of beds, mattresses and other equipment as per instructions from the business to customers’ expectations and satisfaction.
• Working with Service Centre Manager collect and load van, deliver products and make collections as per list provided
• Maintain Company vehicle to a high standard of cleanliness and ensure its correct mechanical upkeep and servicing.
• To install, collect and exchange equipment as required. Weights can exceed 130kg. Lots of manual activity when servicing beds so needs the ability to bend lift and carry. A lot of work is done at floor level this is a very manual role.
• Customer Service
• Cleaning of a wide range of products returned to the service centre consisting of such items as hospital beds, dynamic/static mattresses, and spare parts from medical equipment.
• Ensure the correct use of cleaning materials e.g., chemicals, cleaning procedures and cleaning equipment and spill kit when performing duties to comply with the Sidhil Infection Control Policy outlined in QSP20.
• Ensure waste/clinical waste disposed correctly in-line with Company Infection Control Policy.
• Check all equipment is clean and working correctly before use and any faults reported immediately to the Service Centre Manager. This includes the weekly temperature check on the washing machine as stated in QSP20.
• Ensure the correct use/wearing of PPE always including waterproof footwear when performing cleaning duties to comply with Sidhil Infection Control Policy.
• Keep decontamination and cleaning rooms, including cupboards, and equipment always clean and tidy. To maintain the integrity of clean and dirty areas
• Adhere to health and safety regulations, are aware of and report any issues to the Service Centre Manager.
• To accurately record all movements of equipment by completing the necessary paperwork. Keeping all necessary paperwork and administration documentation as required.
• Monitor stock levels of cleaning products and PPE weekly and report to the Service Centre Manager when stock requires replenishment.
• Report all losses and/or damage immediately to Service Centre Manager.
• Assist with the induction and in-house training of new and existing staff.
• Attend department meetings.
• Ensure confidentiality on all matters relating to service users/clients details and information obtained during the course of employment.
• Any other duties as and when required by management that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals.
Education and Experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The highest standards in personal appearance and hygiene
• Any work experience gained in a similar role
• Always demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm to engage in training and personal
• This role involves the daily moving and handling of heavy items. Some items can also be
awkward to lift or move. The mattresses are of various weights, some in excess of 20kg
minimum, and depending on contracts the role can involve the moving and handling of at least
15 mattresses a day (therefore 30 lifts).
• Many of the products returned for cleaning are heavily soiled with bodily fluids
Why Apply to Drive DeVilbiss:
Competitive Benefits including – company sick pay, 26 days annual leave rising to 28 (+ Book Your Birthday Off Work and the option to buy/sell/carry over annual leave), pension, BUPA Cash Plan Scheme,
Employee Assistance Programme, Bike2Work, free onsite parking, long service recognition, staff discount on our products and access to Perkbox (our benefits and rewards platform).
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Drive DeVilbiss is an equal opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We ensure that to ensure that no candidate receives less
favourable treatment on the grounds of race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Drive DeVilbiss complies with applicable legislation governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
All successful candidates will be required to prove their eligibility to work in the UK, as well as accurate reference details covering their recent employment history. Please note some roles are also subject to an Enhanced DBS check.