Who is Drive DeVilbiss?
Drive DeVilbiss has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of medical products with a strong and consistent track record of growth achieved both organically and through acquisitions. We are proud of our high-quality, diverse product portfolio, channel footprint and global operating scale. Our products are sold into the homecare, long-term care, retail, and e-commerce channels in more than 80 countries around the world.
“Leading the World with Innovative Healthcare Solutions that Enhance Lives”
Summary (Major Purpose of the Role):
Under the supervision of your line manager, carry out repairs and servicing of all Drive DeVilbiss and competitors’ equipment, when requested. To install, collect and exchange all the said equipment when requested. Movement of competitors’ equipment may be required. To carry out product cleaning in line with the company infection control policy and turnaround servicing of all products. To accurately record and keep all necessary paperwork and administration documentation in pursuance of the job objectives, ensuring the same is submitted to the right place, in the required timescales. To carry out any other work which may be requested by your superior not specified herein and within the overall purpose of the job as defined within this document.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but covers the core needs required to fulfil the role. Other tasks or project work may be asked of you by your manager or a senior employee depending on the needs of the business. The company reserve the right to modify this job role at any time.
• Efficiently carry out servicing on a range of company and competitor products
• Efficiently carry out repairs on a range of company and competitor products
• Ensure all work carried out is of a high standard and quality.
• Effectively plan your day to ensure as many repairs and services can be completed in one day.
• Travel between numerous sites will be required, including going into customers’ homes. (There may be a requirement to stay away up to a week at a time)
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with your team members, manager, and the Service – Customer Solutions Advisors.
• Exceed customers’ expectations by ensuring you always give great customer experience.
• Liaise with clients, sales personnel, and Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare personnel at all levels.
• Good manual handling skills are essential (e.g., moving equipment, working in cramped or restricted position)
• Driving is a major part of the role so good driving skills and attention for detail is required.
• Ability to deal with emotional with mental stress as you are dealing with customers that are ill and family members that are under considerable strain.
• Ensure all company procedures are followed, including infection control, health & safety etc.
• Manage stock levels on your company van and ensure all stock procedures are followed.
• Complete and return all paperwork, ensuring it is correct, legible, and returned within expect time frames.
• Carry out regular inspections on your company vehicle and report any issues to you line manager.
• Look after company equipment and report any equipment issues to your line manager.
• To be pro-active and anticipate problems or needs and be able to manage these or seek assistance from there manager when in doubt.
• All Field Service Engineers will join the on-call rota, the frequency will be determined by your line manager
• Any other duties as and when required by management that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge Areas: Training will be given to the most suitable applicant on areas needed.
• Sidhil Beds
• 2,3,4 section profiling beds
• Bariatric beds
• Birthing beds
• Critical care beds
• Sidhil dynamics & Seating
• Dynamic mattresses & Seating
• Plinths & treatment couches
• Patient Trolleys & stretchers
• Shower chairs & Shower trolleys
• Recliner chairs
• Manual Wheelchairs
• Mobile Hoist
• Standing Aids
• Portable bedhead hoists
• Ceiling track hoists
• LOLER Regulations
• LOLER Testing
• Slings – Inspection/service
• Stair Lifts – variety of models and makes
• High Low Baths – variety of models and makes
• Bath/poolside lifts and hoists
• Understanding of Infection Control
• Inventory Control
• Environmental Awareness
• Service Administration e.g., timesheets, overtime sheets and Job sheets
Advantage, although training will be given to correct candidate:
First Aid Training
Why Apply to Drive DeVilbiss
Competitive Benefits including – company sick pay, 26 days annual leave rising to 28 (+ Book Your
Birthday Off Work and the option to buy/sell/carry over annual leave), pension, BUPA Cash Plan Scheme,
Employee Assistance Programme, Bike2Work, free onsite parking, long service recognition, staff discount
on our products and access to Perkbox (our benefits and rewards platform).
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Drive DeVilbiss is an equal opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment. We ensure that to ensure that no candidate receives less
favourable treatment on the grounds of race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital
status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Drive DeVilbiss complies with applicable legislation
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the
basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
All successful candidates will be required to prove their eligibility to work in the UK, as well as accurate reference details covering their recent employment history. Please note some roles are also subject to an Enhanced DBS check.