Who is Drive DeVilbiss
Drive DeVilbiss has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of medical products with a strong and consistent track record of growth achieved both organically and through acquisitions. We are proud of our high-quality, diverse product portfolio, channel footprint and global operating scale. Our products are sold into the homecare, long-term care, retail, and e-commerce channels in more than 80 countries around the world.
“Leading the World with Innovative Healthcare Solutions that Enhance Lives”
Summary (Major Purpose of the Role):
To develop sales of the full portfolio of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products directly into both the community and acute sector within the territory and achieve both revenue and profit targets. To promote Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products and services directly to loan stores and Health Boards who have a need for the products and services. To operate effectively at customer business manager level in order to understand and influence the ordering process. To negotiate with professional purchasing departments and contribute to the completion and delivery of tender business.
- To achieve on target sales of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products across the territory to all relevant sector channels.
- To promote the Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products effectively to the target customers to raise products and company awareness.
- To build and maintain a detailed record of the customer base including their existing supplier base, future opportunities, key contacts and influencers. Provide customers with quotations and product information as required
- Maintain knowledge of competitor product, the key features and benefits and define sales arguments to position Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare products against these.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales strategies in the defined sales area to increase sales.
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activity and report activities which may impact on our sales or channels to market.
- Build relationships with senior customers and influencers across the defined sales area.
- Deliver product knowledge training to customers as an influencing tool and implement formal training to assist in closing sales. Undertake other activities such as:
- Lunch time presentations
- Product demonstrations
- It will be necessary from time to time to undertake these functions at unsociable hours to meet the shift patterns of the customer.
- Work closely with marketing to develop and implement local marketing tools and strategies to assist in growing sales and market share and developing brand awareness and the positioning of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Work closely with contract management to ensure the identification, management and completion of all associated tenders linked to the purchase of Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Products on the allocated area
- Prepare and present a monthly sales report for the area which will include progress against target, key successes, losses and a forward sales forecast.
- Assist in the development and presentation of a detailed annual business plan for the defined sales area.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in market and customer needs and market trends and report these to management.
- Maintain continual and updated knowledge of competitor products and disseminate this knowledge to managers within Sales and Marketing. Build and maintain key contacts across the territory to support this knowledge.
- Work to the Sales standards as set by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Ensure the CRM database is systematically cleansed, updated, maintained and constantly represents a current snapshot of all customers, influencers and key opinion leaders on the territory. All customer visit information to be input on the CRM system the same day.
This role is for a highly organised individual who is focussed on delivery, results and meeting/exceeding sales targets. Must be adaptable to business need and have strong time management skills. This role requires a sales professional who is enthusiastic, passionate, dedicated and visionary.
- Sales Skills, Planning and organisation
- Clinical ability and knowledge
- Account management
- Results Orientation
- Influence & Persuasion
- Commercial & Business Acumen
- IT competency
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working with, specifying and being involved in the sales of clinical beds and pressure care products would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge of account management principles and practice
- Ability to work autonomously, set and agree agendas and deliver agendas is essential
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Strong Business and Commercial Acumen
Why Apply to Drive DeVilbiss
Competitive Benefits including – company sick pay, 26 days annual leave rising to 28 (+ Book Your Birthday Off Work and the option to buy/sell/carry over annual leave), pension, BUPA Cash Plan Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Bike2Work, free onsite parking, long service recognition, staff discount on our products and access to Perkbox (our benefits and rewards platform).
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Drive DeVilbiss is an equal opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We ensure that to ensure that no candidate receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Drive DeVilbiss complies with applicable legislation governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
All successful candidates will be required to prove their eligibility to work in the UK, as well as accurate reference details covering their recent employment history. Please note some roles are also subject to an Enhanced DBS check.